Liver cancer is a serious disease that affects thousands of people each year. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with liver cancer, you may be wondering about treatment options. One common treatment for liver cancer is surgery.
Types of Liver Cancer Surgery
There are several types of liver cancer surgery, including:
1. Partial hepatectomy : This surgery involves removing a portion of the liver that contains the cancerous tumor.
2. Total hepatectomy : In rare cases where the cancer has spread throughout the liver, a total hepatectomy may be necessary. During this surgery, the entire liver is removed, and a transplant is performed.
3. Liver transplant : A liver transplant involves removing the entire liver and replacing it with a healthy liver from a donor.
4. Radiofrequency ablation : This is a minimally invasive procedure that involves inserting a needle into the tumor and using radiofrequency energy to destroy the cancer cells.
5. Cryotherapy : This is another minimally invasive procedure that involves freezing the tumor to destroy the cancer cells.